The Center for Global Education promotes international education to foster cross-cultural awareness, cooperation and understanding. Living and working effectively in a global society requires learning with an international perspective.
We promote this type of learning by collaborating with colleges, universities and other organizations around the world.
California Community College Student Outcomes Abroad Research Project
- Web-based surveys are being administered to students who studied abroad beginning summer 2012 to get their personal stories related to their study abroad experiences.
- These surveys provide qualitative data from student personal stories and reflections on international knowledge gained as a result of studying abroad.
- A survey was given to students prior to studying abroad and when they returned from their study abroad experience.
- Each survey asked questions about academic and life choices leading to and resulting from the study abroad experience.
- The second survey allows students to compare their study abroad experience to their domestic class experience.
- All California community colleges that offered education abroad programs from summer 2012 term forward have been invited to participate in the survey.