The SAFETI (Safety Abroad First - Educational Travel Information) Clearinghouse Project creates and disseminates resources to support study abroad program development and implementation, emphasizing health and safety issues. This is possible using a World Wide Web-based Clearinghouse format, enhancing collaboration among higher education institutions, government, and non-governmental organizations. It is funded through support by FIPSE (the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education) of the U.S. Department of Education. It is a part of the Center for Global Education.
The following institutions have also been funded through the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education as Project Partners and have been important in the development of SAFETI resources and the SAFETI Clearinghouse.
- California State Universities International Programs Office
- NASPA International Network
- South Orange County Community College District
- University of California Education Abroad Programs Systemwide Office
- University of Hawaii Systemwide Office of International Affairs
- University of Nevada at Las Vegas International Programs Office
- University of the Pacific
- University of Wisconsin at Whitewater
Along with partner institutions, other colleges and universities have become affiliated with these efforts as SAFETI Consortium Members.
Questions or requests for additional information about the SAFETI Clearinghouse Project can be sent to:
Center for Global Education
California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH)
College of Extended & International Education,
1000 East Victoria Street
Carson, CA 90747
Telephone: (310) 243-3975
If you are interested in sharing information and resources on health and safety for study abroad, please contact us.